Need to install your Splashtop Streamer via Apple Remote Desktop (ARD)? Here’s how to do it.
This applies to custom streamers that you create under your Splashtop Remote Support account.
- Create a Group and a deployment package with your preferred options on the Splashtop
site, download the DMG, take note of the installation code for this group.
- Download the deployment script from https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360005933071/Deploy_splashtop_streamer.sh.zip
- Use ARD to copy the script and the deployment package to /tmp on the target computer(s).
- Change permissions on the deployment script to allow it to be executable.
- Adjust this command to match your specific parameters: sudo ./
deploy_splashtop_streamer.sh -i streamer.dmg -d your_code -w 0 -s 0 -v 0 in this case that
would be as in the final illustration.
- Further information on the options being set and how this runs is at https://supportsplashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/212725183-Command-lineparameters-to-silently-install-your-deployable-Splashtop-streamer
Thanks to Splashtop user Ben Levy for writing up these instructions.